Pretty damn cool.
This is a huge binder, loaded with great advice and techniques for beginning animation artists. I can't imagine how cool this might have been to be a part of. This is the same year Disney put out Hercules. This is also 5 years before they gave 2D the axe and 10 years before they resurrected it from the dead again. I don't have the time to scan the whole thing (though I wish I could), but I wanted to at least scan a small sample to share with any of the animation fans out there.



I have no idea if they still do this sort of thing for their new3D animators, but I doubt it.

9 comments:
That sounds like an incredible workshop to attend. I really admire people who can draw as I am a hopeless case. (Which is unfortunate because being able to sketch would really be beneficial in my job! lol)
http://reneetbouchard.blogspot.com
http://reneetbouchard.com
This is one of the first blogs I've felt I should leave a comment on! It's great you share little gems like this with other people. Thank you!
Oh that's neat. I found your blog through blogs of note (congrats) and really liked this post.
I do publicity for DVDs and I occasionally get to visit the Animation Research Library when various Disney classics are rereleased in Platinum (or now: Diamond) editions. Apparently Disney did a lot of stuff like this for their animators. Very cool.
What a wonderful finding! I love thinking that there is a book like this out there, a book that takes something a lot of non-artists out there think of as magic and makes it so beautifully PRACTICAL -- thanks for sharing it.
wow - that's so cool! Thanks for posting.
Really interesting.
I hope, now that 2D is coming back, the boot camps will start up again.
Sigh. I love disney. Though it must be hell to work for them.
http://bittersweetsugarandsarcasm.blogspot.com/
nice thing you got there
I'm also into to art but can't do things like that
hope you could also visit my blog. thanks and more power
I attended the animation boot camp too. I think I still have my binder somewhere. It was a great experience!
Post a Comment