Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Life

"Life" just started on the Discovery Channel.  The most bizarre and interesting animals out there, all in HD slow-mo footage.  Amazing.  Here are some quick sketches I did while watching the other night.  The bird on the left does this strange courtship ritual with their significant other where they run across the surface of the water together in perfect synchronization. Watch it!

Sidenote: Next Monday, I finally get to show what I've been animating on for the past 9 months...

12 comments:

Dillan Hackett said...

yeah life is amazing, definately a good thing for some sketching. well done

cArLa said...

don't you just love the show? great sketches too!

Savanna Rodriguez said...

That is so funny! Even before I read your comment beneath your drawing I recognized the bird on the left. Very nicely done! Love the sketches.

Californian said...

Is it a lot of work?

Carolyn said...

My favorite is the deer! Awesome work.
Check out some of my art stuff at http://carolyngoettsch.blogspot.com/

Jerry said...

I do like the frog sketch.

Alygirlrockz16 said...

I saw "life" and it was a beautifully unique show! Very cool!
Oh, and you are one of my art role-models. I love your drawings so much! Art rulez!
You rock!

Peace and hair grease,
-Alyssia

Andrea said...

amazing how you can just sketch out something - you make it look too easy!
My son loved the drawing of the airplane wing - he thought it looked like the barrel of a gun.

Holly76 said...

"Life" is a very awesome look at all the creature's out there. Last nights was really cool! I think that is one of the very few shows I can sit all the way through! Very cool! Love your page! ~Holly

Unknown said...

how super cool

Jhiegzh said...

Life is amazing yet a short one! Live life to the fullesT

TheBlindBlogger said...

If you could ask God one question, what would it be?