Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Kung Fu Panda World is Alive!

I've been animating for the past 9 months on this game.
www.kungfupandaworld.com
It's a massive multiplayer online (MMO) game for kids based on the Kung Fu Panda movie from Dreamworks.  It has been a lot of fun and I'm excited to see it up and running.  Our in-house animation team got to animate a huge variety of characters on this game(mostly in-world): Characters with 2 legs, 4 legs, no legs, wings, huge gorillas and tiny chopsticks fighting over a dumpling. Great experience and great game. If you have some free time, go there and check it out. Wander around, practice some kung fu, fight some croc minions or play some mini games.

One of the animators that I work with developed some really useful tools for the 'flash character animation pipeline'.  He's now allowing anyone to download and try them out for free. I can't say enough about how helpful his tools were while working on the game. 
Autotweener
Art Brushes in Flash (new)

I'll try to put together some of my work from the game so I can post it here on the blog.   You can, of course, see the finished animations in the game, but I also have lots of thumbnail sketches and roughed out animations that I'd like to post.

By the way, I snapped this photo a couple of weekends ago at Dreamworks while checking out a special screening for "How To Train Your Dragon". I wasn't sure what to think from the watching trailer, but I must say it was really well done with top-notch animation.  I recommend.

25 comments:

Jerry said...

Congrats on the game and can't wait to see your sketches.

Californian said...

This is funny picture.

Déborah Cocci said...

my name is Déborah Cocci i have a blog
www.ligadajusticapopular.blogspot.com
im brasil
Happy yor blog

Déborah Cocci said...

my name is Déborah Cocci i have a blog
www.ligadajusticapopular.blogspot.com
im brasil
Happy yor blog

Sightly Sounds said...

Looks very nice! Unfortunately doesn't seem to be available in my region... Cry.

Aditi said...

this really looks interesting..kungfu panda has been one of the fav movies :D
and the insight on the tools for flash, would definitely go through them..they seem to be relly helpful.thanks a lot!

Crystopper said...

Oh my God! I'm your fanssss!!!
Your cartoon is so coool!

ebook lost love said...

That is cool!

RevitaPop said...

I hope it is good.

Todd Bryson said...

Wow that is the coolest thing ive ever seen!!

CakeMonkey said...

You are soo lucky you are able to do these things. Working with 2D&&3D animation. :)
It's one of my dreams to be a part of Disney or...or something! :P
I just want to create! :)

So congratulations on all your achievements. :)
Lucky, lucky you.

Theodore Liwongan said...

You are great. I want to be an animator too like you... Maybe you can gives tips to be a great animator and tutorial. I'd like to share my creation in my blog and I'd like you to give some comments... Thank you...

Puo's Blog said...

AWESOME!! love the panda pic^^

Texas Meg said...

i <3 PANDAs!

Rach! said...

Wow i stumbled across your page and had a look at some of your work, I must say you've got amazing talent

Steve Asbell said...

congrats!

ali said...

BEST BLOG
please link my blog on your blog then say me to link you
thanks

ali said...

best blog

please link my blog on your blog then say me to link you

my blog title azeri genocide

www.khojali.tk

Trempush said...

Awesome! I just played a bit of the game, and I think it's really nice.

TheZealot said...

Dude - your 'comments' page fills up quickly! We really need to catch up - I can fill you in on my needless wanderings, you fill me in on your focused improvement. :)
Anyways, love the stuff you've been posting. I really loved "How to Train Your Dragon" - Dreamworks is on a roll!

StriderWriter said...

I will definitely have to try it out. Haven't played an MMO for a long time!

evie86 said...

Hi there! :)
just randomly came across your blog and looked through your animations. I have to say I absolutely love how creative you are.
But what I really wanted to ask because I may have missed it, what animation company do you work for?
Hope to hear from you!

Jhiegzh said...

Two thumbs for your animation!...Keep it up!

Mrom07 said...

This is awesome! I think animations are great because you can use your imagination to make everything.. there are no limits!

abidan said...

cool