Monday, May 25, 2009

sketch update



Some of these are from a nearby coffee shop, where I was sitting there looking around for someone to draw and realized that I had sat down across from Michael Strahan. Unfortunately, he was a quick mover and didn't stick around long enough for me to get a sketch of him. Though there were some good candidates that day; birds, young people, old people, people carrying boxes, shopping bags, etc...
I find it a lot easier to draw people here in LA than anywhere else. Most people have on the 'big city blinders' and don't pay much attention to the people around them. I think it's an adaptation to being surrounded by people, everywhere, all day. Whatever the reason, it makes it easier to draw them because they don't notice, or care. There are definitely a lot of interesting looking people here, and you don't have to go far to see them. I can walk outside my door and draw the cleaning lady or walk outside my building and draw people walking their dogs or the building painters across the street, Or the mechanics on the corner....
With all of this at my disposal, I guess I should be drawing more!

Next Post:
I did an animation test recently for a job with a cool monkey rig built in flash. It was a lot of fun, it should be up in a few days.

2 comments:

Dan Baldwin said...

I love that gesture drawing in the bottom right of the bottom spread. I can't wait to see that monkey rig.

Joseph Cross said...

http://louromano.blogspot.com/2009/05/art-of-up_3697.html


Thought you would love this stuff man!! Reminds me of you. You could be MAKEN THIS HAPPEN as well.
MIH!! anyways Nice work bro!