Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Background



I was going through some old boxes that I haven't looked through in a while and came across a few gems from college. I found this background study I did for a class where I was experimenting painting on cells. This was a study taken from an episode of Samurai Jack. It was done with chalk pastels and for some reason, I just really like the feel of the chalk and the mix of colors. Another gem in the boxes, was a VHS tape with my first hand-drawn animation attempts on it. At some point, I'll transfer this amazing(ha) animation to digital format and post it on here for everyone's amusement, including my own.

4 comments:

Joseph Cross said...

I Like it :)

Sightly Sounds said...

I agree, this is very nice.

Ershad said...

Nice drawing of tree.

Scott Arthur said...

All of your drawings are really good, you are very talanted. I wish I was a better drawer because I can see fascinating forms and would love to draw them, but I guess that is why I am more of a photographer. Thank you for sharing your work, seriously, very nice. Peace.